Thursday 24 October 2013

Throwaway Daughter- Empathic writing


Task: Written assignment and novel study "Throwaway Daughter"
250 word diary entry



11th June 1990

Dear Diary, I’m so worried but excited at the same time... I don’t know how I call this feeling.

Today I finally I told my plan to Dad and Mom- that I want to study at China, Huang-pu Business College, and there is something special about it I thought was wonderful; they have the cultural tours for two weeks at the end of courses, chances for me to go visit my hometown China! 
To be honest I was surprised at how mom reacted. I always thought she wanted me to meet my mom, having seen her pushing me to study about China and the Chinese language so persistently. I always hated how my mom made a big thing about my Chinese roots, and Chun-mei, my so-called Number One Mama. Number One Mama? A number one for - whom I’ve never met before?? She always told me about her and insisted that she was Number Two Mama. 
But I was wrong... I always thought she just wanted me to meet and see my Number One Mama in China. She was crying quietly... for something I have never thought of. She asked me if I will try to see my mom if I can, which I have been thinking for thousands of times, and said that she doesn’t want to share me with anyone. She shouldn’t be worrying that. She is my mother, and Parker is my family. This will never change in my heart! 


Love, Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment